FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in

The board about all things Michael Steele - musician, singer and songwriter extraordinaire

Should Michael Rejoin the Bangles?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Unofficial Michael Steele Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Michael rejoin the Bangles?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Whatever
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Contrived Nature

PostPosted: 12.09.2009, 14:32    Post subject: Should Michael Rejoin the Bangles? Reply with quote

Considering there is suddenly a spurt of enthusiasm for Michael Steele from the other discussion board - after
1 having spent the past 4-5 years ya-booing her as just another bassplayer
2 continually making remarks that the Trio are the 'original Bangles'
3 denigrating Michael's contribution with arguments that songs like September Gurls should be sung by one of the others - and sounds the same.

Ignoring the Trio's remarks - or the fact Vicki couldn't even remember her name!

One question remains... Should Michael rejoin the Bangles?

Last edited by Contrived Nature on 12.09.2009, 19:56; edited 1 time in total

Would you go, would you be scared?
RealInspectorShane
Administrator

PostPosted: 12.09.2009, 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The end. Auf den Arm nehmen
Jet Black
Administrator

PostPosted: 13.09.2009, 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

What for? Seems to be pointless. She either doesn't exist, was one of many, and never mattered either way. Stay away, i say, and have a happy life.

PostPosted: 18.09.2009, 02:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I could fathom would be a selfish one to actually have a chance to see/hear her play again.

But the Bangs/Bangles playing their 80's hits, um, no.

I would much rather see her put out exactly what she wants (*if* she wants) on either a small indie label or directly thru a web presence, etc. Just acoustic and vocals, or even readings a`la "Pollo Loco"

But thats just me being selfish Winken

steelefanboy

PostPosted: 09.11.2009, 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey it's choice

banglefan82

PostPosted: 25.05.2010, 09:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she was up to getting back with the band then it's here choice but she doesn't seem to be interested so just leave her alone let her get on with her own personal life and let her be creative in her own way.

ekjones

PostPosted: 18.11.2011, 00:43    Post subject: Rejoining Bangles Reply with quote

Two years later and the answer is still an unequivocal no! Winken

hidethekids

PostPosted: 19.11.2011, 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

No she shouldn't. What really happened we might never know but she really shouldn't. I don't think she'd be particularly happy if she did.
funkybard

PostPosted: 31.12.2011, 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many reasons why, in my personal opinion Michael Steele won’t rejoin the Bangles indeed even if, you’ll never know…Anyway those are my reasons:
1 according what other Bangles have declared in latest interview she’s retired from music and that matches with one of her interview on 2001 during the reunion when she said that her relation with music was impaired. I hope she’s still confident with music (every musician got in the blood!) maybe only enjoying listening
2 When she’s rejoined the band she said that she didin’t want it as an old Dick Clark’s old band, and considering that in last shows they’ve invited to perform only old stuff and not for promoting the new album I guess that’s the direction she didn’t want to bear
3 All the other ladies have a family with childrens and assuming what S. Hoffs has said in an interview they all put the family before the music commitments. That’s enough to say that she probably didn’t want to spend most of her times travelling from his home (in northern California ) to L.A. that is more or less several hundreds of miles leaving her pets and others ( I dunno if she’s living with a partner or a family, I hope she’s with someone that loves her really)
4 her spirit probably doesn’t match anymore of the Band’s one nowadays
My personal questions are: I hope she’s resuming her FB page, that for me was obscured since the new bangles website doesn’t have her e-mail anymore. It’s only to share some opinions and to be kept informed if something new or old tapes from her clutter will be on the way and I hope indeed, rejoining one of her interviews when she’s said that she was considering to move to another planet, that she hasn’t take any action yet otherwise, “DavidBowieing” I would say “is there FB on Mars?” or can we ask the Enterprise or ET to join this board! :- )
Max

Mesmerized

PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 02:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to exhume a dead thread here, but here are a few thoughts:
I'd personally love to see Michael rejoin, because it would give any new music of hers much greater exposure than if she were to release it solo or, worse yet, not release any at all. Also, despite everything, the four Bangles sounded great together, and the other Bangles did a great job backing her up on her songs (as she did on theirs).
The need for money will sometimes cause very unlikely things to happen, but I seriously doubt Micki would rejoin the Bangles, for all the reasons others have listed. Bridges may have been nuked this time. The other Bangles may not want HER. Also, it seems like Micki has had one disappointment after another in the music business, from the Runaways to the two breakups with the Bangles. Seems unlikely she'd want to subject herself to another one.

Mesmerized

PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 02:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility (however unlikely): If the Bangles record again, it would be interesting if they were to have Michael on a new album, either as a full member or as a guest on a few tracks, perhaps performing some new originals. That way, Micki could have a higher-profile vehicle for new music, but not necessarily tour. That would satisfy the fans, the music critics who missed her input on "Sweetheart of the Sun," and give Michael a creative outlet and some more songwriting royalties.
Of course, the chances for any of this to happen are slim to none, but I can dream, can't I?

funkybard

PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesmerized wrote:
Another possibility (however unlikely): If the Bangles record again, it would be interesting if they were to have Michael on a new album, either as a full member or as a guest on a few tracks, perhaps performing some new originals. That way, Micki could have a higher-profile vehicle for new music, but not necessarily tour. That would satisfy the fans, the music critics who missed her input on "Sweetheart of the Sun," and give Michael a creative outlet and some more songwriting royalties.
Of course, the chances for any of this to happen are slim to none, but I can dream, can't I?

I like the Bangles as well and if she'll rejoin them I'll enjoy it (her talent will strongly upgrade the music) and it'll be certainly a great opportunity to raise again that bit of celebrity to help any her solo chance, but I'm sure she won't. That's because she could do it and she didn't and most of all, in my opinion, it's definitely not in her spirit.
Max

morchela

PostPosted: 30.08.2012, 08:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Bangles FB I post a comment saying the same as you: she deserves more respect from the other 3.
gordrann

PostPosted: 11.01.2013, 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. She already did that once, and it didn't work out so well. She should do her own thing - her vibe just doesn't fit with theirs anymore.
franziskanowak

PostPosted: 11.01.2013, 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's her wish, yes she should rejoin. Only if it's because of money, no she shouldn't rejoin, we would donate Auf den Arm nehmen

no seriously, I don't think she was really unhappy in the Bangles. I only think that the reunion was not that what she was wishing herself. She said she won't be a Dick Clark Oldies Band, and they wasn't really like that, I mean sure they played a lot of old songs on concerts, but also promote Doll Rev. I think for her it was hard to wait that they go in to the studio again. And we know that never happend with Michael. And here in Germany they never promote Sweetheart of the Sun. Now they play a lot more old songs than after their reunion. I think it was sort of compromise, to play something old and something new. It was the second chance to show people, they only knew songs like Manic Monday or WLAE, that they are not a pop band in that way. What I find really sad, and I think I speak for all of us, that the band never put out a single with Michael on lead vocals. I think if they had do it, that would change the minds of many people about the Bangles and maybe Michael weren't under-appreciated any longer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Unofficial Michael Steele Board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: